Sunday, December 21, 2014

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

I love Christmas! The music, the lights, the cookies, the eggnog, the smell of pine, but mostly the waiting during Advent.....preparing our hearts for the arrival of Baby Jesus. Each year it gets better and better with the kids. They really 'get' it this year. At prayers it warms my heart to hear their little voices, "Come Baby Jesus, hurry and come!" I am particularly proud of Pierce. He somehow adopted the habit of biting his nails. At the beginning of Advent I told him that in order for St. Nicholas to bring the forest fire Dusty movie he had to stop biting his nails. He quit cold turkey!!! I thought that was pretty impressive self control for a little guy. So....Jana....thank you for playing St. Nick!






I was hell bent to re-create some florentines we had in Chamonix. While making the candied orange peel for them I got a little side tracked. Yep....these little morsels are a delicacy! 





Breakfast with the Grizzlies.