Thursday, June 27, 2013

Empty House

I woke up this morning feeling a bit lonely. Alex drove everyone to the airport long before I crawled out of bed. The house felt empty after the last two weeks of buzzing activity. All morning Pierce asked, "Where's Caleb? Where's Caleb?" Ironically, a rain cloud descended over our house and it has drizzled all day. I slowly started putting loads of laundry through and getting the house back in order.

Mom and Dad's stay was simply delightful. However, their leaving has stirred up an emotional tornato in my heart. I have never had a hard time telling people goodbye....as a matter of fact, I would rather forgo a goodbye all together. Just move on; switch gears. Well, at least that's how it was before Theresa died. Now........its different. I dont know exactly how, just different. When I said my farewells last spring, I wanted to turn around on the jet way and run back to Mom and Dad for one last hug, one last look.....just hold on to the moment. Saying goodbye last night, I felt the same way.

I spent today missing Theresa.